Wednesday, August 28, 2013

QUICK TRIP TO PORTLAND & CLASS REUNION

August 14 - 21, 2013

Even though we sold everything and said goodbye to everyone, I had one more obligation that needed to be honored...my 40th class reunion.  Five years ago, my friend Linda called and asked me if I was going to the reunion and I said "Is there a reunion?"  Evidently, I wasn't the only one unsure there was a celebration scheduled.  Only 11 people showed and we pledged to make sure that communication was better for the 40th so everyone would have an opportunity to attend.


I am so lucky, I went to high school on the Oregon Coast.  We lucked out and weather was great.  A total of 50 people showed for the reunion!  

Success!



 Since I was on the West Coast, I also took care of a couple of housekeeping chores and visited with a couple of friends - thanks to everyone who took care of me.  I loved the BBQ pork chops (Joyce);  practicing Spanish with Cathy; Josh's B'day at Al's (Debbi); and the peacefulness of staying on a houseboat, except for the construction but I ignored it  (Jean and Mary's).






Wondering what Ray did while I was gone?  He played with our nephew Erik and g'nephew Ben.


No comments:

Post a Comment